Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Voice Live Ep.4

This is it...the finals.  As much as I want one of these people to have their dreams come true I don't want the show to end!  My selfish desires aside it was a great night of competition so without further ado...your final four!

The show began with a performance of "Under Pressure" by the coaches and was it just me or did something seem off with the whole thing?  I can't figure out what exactly it was but it just didn't completely come together.  Anyways...now we're really on to the final four!

Javier
  • He began his show by singing an original song called "Stitch By Stitch".  I felt like this song really embodied who he was both as an artist and as a person.  The lyrics to the song itself we're amazing and I love the line "put me back together now stitch by stitch".
  • His duet with Adam was "Man In The Mirror" by Michael Jackson and it was AMAZING!!  Best performance of the night in my opinion!!  There was nothing about it that wasn't incredible...I will be downloading this one!
Dia
  • She began her show by singing "I Won't Back Down" by Tom Petty with her coach Blake Shelton.  I think the lyrics of the song were very appropriate for her to be singing.  Even though her voice and Blake's voice are so different it just worked.
  • She followed up with her original song "Inventing Shadows" which definitely has a message and theme that a lot of people will relate to.  It was a very haunting song and some may say that it was directed to a certain kind of audience.  I don't see that song being played on mainstream or Top 40 radio...that's not to say it wasn't great but I think it might pull a bit of a smaller audience then some of the others.
Vicci
  • She began her show by singing her original song "Afraid To Sleep".  It was a song full of emotion but not one that I would listen to.  The best thing about her performance in my opinion is when Blake made the comment "Well I can't say she's been in my pants" when referring to Adam buying her a pair of his jeans because she liked them.
  • She sang "Love Is A Battlefield" by Pat Benatar as her duet song with Cee Lo and in true Cee Lo fashion it was certainly a performance.  I think it was a great song choice for Vicci but I think I would have liked it even better had she just sung it on her own instead of with Cee Lo.
Beverly
  • She began by singing "Beautiful" with her coach Christina...and it was just that, beautiful.  It's such a beautiful and amazing song to begin with and their rendition gave me chills.  It was amazing to watch.
  • Her original song "Lovesick" was a rocker number if I ever heard one.  It was exactly what I saw her doing and I'm glad that she stuck to who she is.  While it's not a song I would have on my iTunes it was a fantastic performance.
It was a great show and it's going to be hard to pick a winner.  I think it will come down to Javier and Dia...what do you all think?  Who's going to take it?

UPDATE: JAVIER WAS CROWNED THE WINNER!  CONGRATS TO JAVIER!!

1 comment:

  1. That first performance was just a disaster. Sloppy.

    For the first time, I actually liked Javier tonight. I could see his original song being on the radio charts... this summer, even.

    Dia's duet was eh. I liked her original song when she performed it. But when I heard it again on iTunes, something was missing. Her performance made it seem like a radio ready song, too, and I thought it was very true to who she is as a person and artist.

    Vicci is always an afterthought for me. Her original song... I can hardly even remember it. But her duet was great.

    Bev, who I want to win but most likely won't, was great tonight. Her duet was absolutely beautiful no matter how much Christina was trying to upstage her, and though I'm disappointed by "Lovesick" as a song, Bev MADE that performance. She put everything she had as an artist into it. I love her.

    ReplyDelete