Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Voice Ep.2

This week we saw Team Adam and Team Cee Lo go head to head in their quarter finals round but before we get into that let's talk about the results regarding Team Blake and Team Christina.  America chose to save Beverly on Team Christina which should have come as no surprise to anyone.  It also shouldn't have come as a surprise that she decided to save Frenchie, although for a minute there I thought she might go with Raquel.  Team Blake had more surprising end results.  America saved Dia which was completely expected but then Blake went on to save Xenia which I for one did not see coming!  I thought for sure he would save Patrick, especially after the chilling performance he gave last week!  I for one will miss Patrick a lot!

Now it's time to get down to the business of this week's episode and just like last week's blog I will be breaking it down by team and then giving my opinion as to which team came out ahead.

Team Cee Lo
  • Tori & Taylor Thompson-They sang "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy" by The Andrews Sisters which was a completely unpredictable song choice.  It was a solid and entertaining performance but I was left without that wow factor.  At times I felt like one voice overpowered the other instead of working as one cohesive unit.
  • Vicci Martinez-She sang "Jolene" by Dolly Parton and I loved her rendition of it.  You could clearly see all of the emotion she brought to her performance and it was one of the most heartfelt ones yet.
  • Nakia-He sang "Sex on Fire" by Kings of Leon and did a great job.  He's such a great performer and entertainer but once again I was left missing the wow factor performance that I thought he would deliver.  Even so, he had a great performance and it was a good song choice.
  • Curtis Grimes-He sang "Addicted To Love" by Robert Palmer and had I not been familiar with the song I never would have guessed it wasn't meant to be a country song.  He completely made it his own and as always he sounded great.  The ending was a little odd but I give him major props for stepping outside his comfort zone.
Team Adam
  • Casey Weston-She sang "Big Black Horse and a Cherry Tree" by KT Tunstall which is such a great song.  It was a powerful performance but you could tell she wasn't completely comfortable with what she was doing and didn't seem as enthusiastic about it as I would have liked to have seen.
  • Devon Barley-He sang "Stop and Stare" by One Republic which I thought was a bit of an interesting choice for him but he made it work.  He was a tad pitchy at times and his voice did crack once but he didn't let any of that stop him from giving a great performance.  He seemed a little uncomfortable at first but you could tell that the more he sang the more comfortable he was and the more confidence he had.
  • Jeff Jenkins-He sang "Jesus Take The Wheel" by Carrie Underwood and absolutely killed it!  There was so much emotion behind every word he sang and the fact that he could relate to it definitely showed.  I was left with goosebumps at the end of it and this was definitely my favorite performance of the night!
  • Javier Colon-He sang "Angel" by Sarah McLachlan which is such a powerful song in itself.  He did a great job of owning the song instead of letting it own him.  He gave an amazing performance and I would be shocked if we didn't see more performances like this in the near future.
Both teams brought it tonight but if I were to pick one that seemed to have the edge over the other it would be TEAM ADAM!  He just has some serious talent on his team and is definitely someone to contend with.

No comments:

Post a Comment