Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Voice Live Ep.1

It's finally time for the live shows!  This week it's Team Christina v. Team Blake....question is who will come out victorious?  The show began with a great Queen medley from the coaches themselves!  Adam Levine killed it with his voice and sick guitar skills, Blake looked very sharp, Cee Lo looked a little odd without any glasses on, and Christina sounded great but looked a little off (who okay-ed that outfit?).

Team Christina
  • Raquel Castro-She sang "Blow" by Ke$ha which is a song I love but I'm not completely convinced it was the right song for her to sing.  She did it well for the most part, I just don't know if I would have picked it.  She has a lot of energy and definitely has the performer edge.  I felt she was a tad pitchy here and there but overall it was a solid performance.
  • Beverly McClellan-She sang "I'm The Only One" by Melissa Etheridge which was the perfect song for her.  She completely killed it, despite being sick!  She had a great energy to her and is just a very natural performer!  Very impressive!
  • Lily Elise-She sang "Big Girls Don't Cry" by Fergie which was a good choice as far as songs go but I didn't care for it.  Honestly I don't think she should have even made it to the live shows and I don't think she'll make it past this week.  I wasn't impressed plain and simple.
  • Frenchie Davis-She sang "When Love Takes Over" by David Guetta ft. Kelly Rowland and it was a good choice for her.  She missed a note or two in the beginning but recovered extremely well and has such an energy and stage presence that can't be ignored.

Team Blake
  • Jared Blake-He say "Use Somebody" by Kings of Leon and it was the perfect choice for him!  He had great audience interaction (who saw his connection with that girl....wait, isn't he married?).  I definitely see him taking more of a rock path....he has a Daughtry kind of feel to him that he should definitely stick with!
  • Dia Frampton-She sang "Heartless" by Kanye West which was a very unconventional choice but it actually worked.  She made it her own and stuck behind it...the question is whether she can be that unique and confident without having the piano there as a safety net.
  • Xenia-She sang "Price Tag" by Jessie J. which was a good choice in the sense that she sounded great singing it.  She was just a little too shy and introverted for me...she has the voice but really needs to work on the performance aspect of it because that just isn't there yet.
  • Patrick Thomas-He sang "I Hope You Dance" by Lee Ann Womack and I can honestly say that there was nothing about that performance that I didn't like.  You could feel the emotion behind each word that he sang and I got chills at the end.  My favorite performance of the night hands down!!
When it comes to who won the showdown between Team Christina and Team Blake there's really no contest....TEAM BLAKE all the way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment