Now onto the performances from each team this week....
- Frenchie Davis-She sang "Like A Prayer" by Madonna and did a great job with it. She seemed to have a lot more confidence with this performance then she did the last time we saw her and she showed a lot of power and control throughout her performance. However, I found the performance as a whole a little underwhelming until the very end. It was a solid performance but still could have been kicked up another notch.
- Beverly McClellan-She sang "The Thrill Is Gone" by B.B. King which is not what I expected but she definitely rocked it out. We got to see a bit of a different side to her this week but I liked it. There is no way that anybody can say that she is anything but talented.
- Nakia-He sang "What Do You Want From Me" by Adam Lambert and killed it! He did it so much better then Adam Lambert ever did and it sounded so much better with him singing it! There was so much power behind his performance and it was very reminiscent of a real rock star performance at a concert or an awards show.
- Vicci Martinez-She sang "Dog Days Are Over" by Florence & The Machine which is such a great song! She was a little slow and shaky to start but by the end she was a firecracker. Her pronunciation of some of the words bothered me a little bit but there's no denying that it was a great performance.
- Dia Frampton-She sang "Losing My Religion" by REM and I find myself looking forward to her performances the most just because I never know quite what she's going to do. She does such an amazing job taking iconic songs and making them so original and unique! She has grown so much and has so much more confidence in herself and what she is doing that you can't help but love her.
- Xenia-She sang "The Man Who Can't Be Moved" by The Script. She did it well but it was probably my least favorite performance of the show. It was a little boring and there were a couple pitch issues when it came to the higher notes...I would say that it's a safe bet that this will be her last performance on this show as a competitor.
- Casey Weston-She sang "I Will Always Love You" by Whitney Houston which I was very skeptical about when I first heard that this was the song choice. Not just anyone can pull that song off and there's no middle ground to stand on. She seemed very nervous when she started but grew more confident as the song progressed. She managed to pull it off but I was left disappointed that it wasn't the jaw-dropping performance of that song I was hoping for.
- Javier Colon-He sang "Fix You" by Coldplay which is such an amazing song in itself and he definitely did it justice. I felt like I was at his concert watching his performance....he's just so engaging and has the ability to develop a connection with the audience so immediately. He showed amazing control when it came to limiting the amount of runs he did, we all know how amazing he is and sometimes it's even more amazing when there's only one or two. He is definitely the real deal (with and without the hat).