Next came the group date and how awesome must it have been to be able to dance with the Jabbawockeez, let alone to dance in front of all of those people! It was interesting to see the guys split in two groups and have to battle it out to stay and continue to spend time with Ashley. Both groups were pretty bad but I have to agree with the decision of having No Rhythm Nation win....even if it did mean that Bentley got to stay. The fact that Bentley got the rose kills me because there were two or three other guys there who I would have much rather seen receive that rose! I just can't help but wonder how Ashley is completely blind to his true motives and how she doesn't see how insincere he looks every single time they are together.
Then came the date that was completely determined by repeated flips of a coin, with Mickey being the big winner from the very start. I felt so bad for JP! To come so close to getting that 1-on-1 and then seeing it all disappear with the flip of a coin must have seriously sucked!! Mickey seemed kinda boring and flat for most of the date...it almost seemed like he was using that coin as a crutch to help bring some type of excitement to the date. I really hope there is more to his personality then what we saw tonight because if there isn't he won't be around much longer. The only time I felt like I actually saw a glimpse of who he is was when he told Ashley about his mom. He seems like a nice guy but I don't think there's a lot of chemistry between them...I see them as being more friends then romantically involved. He did get the rose, although part of me wonders if Ashley really wanted to give it to him. To cap off the night Colbie Caillat gave them a private concert and was it just me or did Mickey seem way more excited to see Colbie Caillat then he was to see Ashley??
Other random thoughts about this week:
- Jeff says he’s taking the “stealth” approach by wearing the mask…clearly he doesn’t know what the word stealth means
- I really like West but I'm still not convinced that he's completely over his late wife or whether he's truly ready to be looking for love again
- JP got a kiss off a coin flip...not the most romantic of scenarios in my book
- Jeff seemed even creepier tonight...I'm convinced he was watching Ashley kiss other guys. I have to say that I do love the Phantom of the Opera music that is cued whenever he is shown by himself!
- We came so close to seeing the big reveal....damn you Matt (you went home anyways so clearly what you had to say wasn't important enough to show up at that exact moment)!
- Speaking of Matt....he called his mom AGAIN!! Can't say I'm sad to see him go...his mom was more entertaining then he was!
- "I wouldn't mind if Ashley tickled my pickle"
- "I would rather swim in pee then plan a wedding with her"