Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Bachelorette Ep.1

It's Bachelorette season once again and with it comes the most shocking night one EVER (or so they say).  I have been a life long fan and I watch so much reality tv and have so many opinions that a few people have suggested I blog about it....well here you go!  I will be blogging about a variety of reality shows, with the Bachelorette at the top of the list.  So without further ado, sit back and buckle up for a fun ride.

I always find Night 1 to be fascinating because first impressions are more then critical and often have a huge impact on the rest of the season, including how I feel about them.  I'm going to cover the guys who received a rose last night first and then will touch on the guys who did not and why I think they were given the royal limo send off.

Guys Receiving a Rose
  • Ryan P~The recipient of the all illustrious First Impression Rose, appears to be passionate and positive, he's cute and has my vote thus far....definitely one to watch!
  • Lucas~Honestly I don't remember who this guy is, which leaves me wondering what he showed Ashley that we didn't get to see.  No lasting impression makes me think this guy won't be around very long.
  • J.P.~He's funny and he definitely had a moment with Ashley (as well as making me crave a cupcake), it could go somewhere or he could be in the next limo home.
  • Ames~I'm not a fan of this guy!  He seems incredibly full of himself and very cocky....and what was with the ballet tickets?  Lets just throw around some money and our multitude of degrees....this guy needs to go.
  • Ben C~The piano singing, French speaking, cards in the window guy.  He seems like a good guy and one who will go the extra mile to get Ashley's attention.
  • Ben F~The wine maker who made the nice move of bringing Ashley wine he made.  Definitely a good first impression (no match for his supposed look alike Josh Groban but good).
  • Bentley~Could there be a bigger jerk???  I mean COME ON....WAKE UP ASHLEY!!!  You were warned about him (from fellow Bachelor alum Michelle Money) and yet you let his good looks and charming smile completely override your jerk radar.  It's clear from the season previews that this guy isn't going anywhere any time soon....oh joy.
  • West~This guy is definitely one of my early favorites!  He's so sweet and sincere and I loved the compass idea!  I just can't help but wonder if he is truly ready to move on since it looks to me like he's still very much in love with his late wife.
  • William~Cute and sincere, nice move with the impressions...just not sure if he's going to make it very far into this.
  • Stephen~Again, not memorable....he will probably be gone soon.
  • Chris D~Creative intro but that's really as far as it went.
  • Matt~I like him but making a call to his mom was a little much.  What his mom had to say was hilarious but I spent more time wondering how he managed to keep hold of a phone instead of paying attention to what he actually had to say.
  • Jeff~Also known as "the mask".....this guy creeps me out.  I understand the reason he says he's doing it but really?  I think he's secretly auditioning to be the next Phantom of the Opera.
  • Nick~He's cute but the poem was a little cheesy.
  • Blake~Cute but not memorable.
  • Ryan M.~How did he manage to get a camera in?  Asking Ashley to take a picture of him with Chris Harrison, while understandable, probably wasn't the best way to kick of the night.
  • Constantine~Wasn't too sure about this guy at first but the dental floss bow was cute.
Guys Who Didn't Receive A Rose
  • Jon~Picking Ashley up was not the best idea and he definitely took it a little too far.  The most memorable thing about this guy is that he cried in his exit interview.  You've known this girl for like 5 seconds so if you are already that emotionally invested you have more pressing mental health issues to deal with then finding love.
  • Anthony~Weird and awkward, part of me wondered if he was going to pull out a meat cleaver and butcher someone at some point during the night.
  • Tim~Oh Tim, where do I even start??  First of all...could he be more awkward?  He was really awkward before he started drinking and didn't get any better once he was wasted.  I understand being nervous and having a drink or two throughout the night but he was completely trashed...and then fell asleep!  Ashley's theme for this season is "no regrets"....Tim can definitely not say the same!
  • Rob~Not memorable
  • Chris M~Not memorable
  • Frank~Dancing with her was cute....just not while she was up in the air like that.
  • Mike~He was cute and funny but didn't make a big enough of an impression.
Well there you have it everyone....my run down of the guys and what my first impressions are.  I would love to here what you think so please comment and pass the link on!  Until next week....or the airing of another reality show worth blogging about.

No comments:

Post a Comment